Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions (hereinafter, the “Agreement”) are a legal contract between Astrum School, (hereinafter, “AS”, “us” or “we”) and you, and set forth the terms and conditions which govern your use of the AS website (hereinafter, the “Site”), the text, data, information, software, graphics, videos, photographs and other materials (collectively referred to as “Materials”) available on the Site, the services offered on or through the Sites (hereinafter, the “Services”), and any software that we provide for installation for your personal use.
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING AND USING THE AS PLATFORM. BY USING ANY PART OF THE AS PLATFORM, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE AS PLATFORM OR ANY MATERIALS AND MUST IMMEDIATELY CEASE SUCH USE. AS MAY MODIFY THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME, AND SUCH MODIFICATIONS SHALL BE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UPON NOTICE, WHICH MAY BE ACCOMPLISHED BY POSTING THE MODIFIED AGREEMENT ON THE SITE AND, IF YOU HAVE REGISTERED FOR AN ACCOUNT WITH ASTRUM SCHOOL, WE WILL NOTIFY YOU OF SUCH CHANGES VIA EMAIL. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO CHANGES IN THESE TERMS, THEN CANCEL YOUR REGISTRATION IN YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS WITHIN 30 DAYS OF YOUR RECEIPT OF OUR NOTICE OF CHANGES. YOUR USE OF THE AS PLATFORM FOLLOWING SUCH NOTICE SHALL BE DEEMED YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH CHANGES. IF WE REQUEST, YOU AGREE TO SIGN A NON-ELECTRONIC VERSION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
THE INFORMATION, CONTENT AND OTHER MATERIALS POSTED ON OR ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE AS PLATFORM ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR ANY OFFICIAL GOVERNMENTAL EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMME.
Using the AS Platforms.
By using the AS Platform, you represent, acknowledge and agree that you are at least 18 years of age, or if you are under 18 years of age but are at least 13 years old (a “Minor”), that you are using the AS Platform with the consent of your parent or legal guardian who has agreed to this Agreement. If you are a parent or legal guardian agreeing to this Agreement for the benefit of a Minor, you are fully responsible for the Minor’s use of the AS Platform, including all legal liability he or she may incur.
In this Agreement we are granting you a limited, personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to access the Site, use the Services, and display the Materials; your right to use the Materials is conditioned on your compliance with this Agreement. You have no other rights in the Site, Services or any Materials and you may not modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit the Site, the Services or any of the Materials in any manner. If you make copies of any of the Materials then we ask that you be sure to keep on the copies all of our copyright and other proprietary notices as they appear on the Site.
Unfortunately, if you breach any of the terms of this Agreement, the above license will terminate automatically and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed Materials (and any copies thereof).
Site requires you to create an account with AS before you are permitted to access and use it. If you wish to create an account you must complete the registration process by providing AS with current, complete and accurate information, as prompted by the applicable registration form. All the information that you provide when registering for an account must be accurate, complete and up to date. You may change, correct or remove any information from your account by logging into your account directly and making the desired changes. You acknowledge that by providing any information to AS which is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, AS reserves the right to terminate this Agreement and your continued access and use of the AS Platform. As part of the registration process, you will be asked to select a username and password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your account and password. FURTHERMORE, YOU ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES AND CONDUCT, WHETHER BY YOU OR ANYONE ELSE, THAT ARE CONDUCTED THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT. You agree to notify AS immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. AS will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you may be held liable for any losses incurred by AS or another party due to someone else using your account or password.
To be clear, we authorize your use of the AS Platform only for personal use (“Permitted Purpose”). Any other use of the AS Platform beyond the Permitted Purpose is prohibited and, therefore, constitutes unauthorized use of the AS Platform. This is because as between you and AS, all rights in the AS Platform and Materials remain our property. Unauthorized use of the AS Platform may result in violation of various European Union, Spanish and international copyright laws. If we determine that you do act in bad faith in violation of this Agreement, or if we determine that your actions fall outside of reasonable community standards, we may, in our sole discretion, terminate your right to use the AS Platform. By way of example, you specifically agree that you shall not:
- use the AS Platform or any Materials for any public or commercial purpose, which includes use of the Materials on another site or through a networked computer environment;
- copy, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, otherwise attempt to discover the source code, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any Materials, information, software, products or services obtained through the AS Platform;
- access the AS Platform by any means other than through the standard industry-accepted or AS-provided interfaces;
- transmit any message, information, data, text, software or image, or other content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or otherwise objectionable which may invade another’s right of privacy or publicity;
- impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation, an AS official leader or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with such a person or entity;
- post or transmit any material that contains a virus or corrupted data;
- post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation or any non-resume information such as opinions or notices, commercial or otherwise;
- violate any applicable local, national or international law;
- upload or transmit any material that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- delete or revise any material posted by any other person or entity;
- manipulate or otherwise display the AS Platform or any Materials by using framing or similar navigational technology;
- register, subscribe, attempt to register, attempt to subscribe, unsubscribe, or attempt to unsubscribe, any party for any Site, Services or Materials if you are not expressly authorized by such party to do so; or
- use the AS Platform for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement. You may not use the AS Platform in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair AS’s servers or networks, or interfere with any other user’s use and enjoyment of the AS Platform. Furthermore, you may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any of the AS Platform, accounts, computer systems or networks connected to AS through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the AS Platform.
Certain functionality of the TA Platform may permit you to submit feedback, information, data, text, images, messages, or other materials (each, a “User Submission”). You agree that you are solely responsible for all of your User Submissions and that each such User Submission is considered both non-confidential and non-proprietary. We do not guarantee that you will be able to edit or delete any User Submission you have submitted.
By submitting any User Submission, you are promising us that:
- Your User Submission does not infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
- Any information contained in your User Submission is not known by you to be false, inaccurate, or misleading;
- Your User Submission does not violate any law (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising);
- Your User Submission is not, and may not reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially, ethnically, religiously, or otherwise biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership, or corporation, vulgar, pornographic, obscene, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- Your User Submission does not incorporate materials from a third-party website, or addresses, email addresses, contact information, or phone numbers (other than your own or otherwise have the right to provide);
- Your User Submission does not contain any viruses, worms, spyware, adware, or other potentially damaging programs or files;
- Your User Submission does not contain any information that you consider confidential, proprietary, or personal; and
- Your User Submission does not contain or constitute any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation.
Orders and Payments.
You agree to pay any fees applicable to your use of the AS Platform, including but not limited to fees and charges applicable to your purchases. We may suspend or terminate your account and/or access to the AS Platform and/or Materials if your offered payment method (e.g., credit card) cannot be processed. By providing a payment method, you expressly authorize us and/or our third party payment processor to charge the applicable fees on said payment method as well as taxes and other charges incurred thereto, all of which depend on the services you utilize and the products you purchase. You agree that we may charge any unpaid amounts to your provided payment method and/or send you a bill for such unpaid fees.
Services and Materials available for purchase on or through the AS Platform are purchased on a membership subscription basis (each a “Membership Subscription”). Each Membership Subscription and the rights and privileges provided to subscribers are personal and non-transferable. All sales and payments of Membership Subscription fees will be in EUR Euros.
The fee that your will be charged for your Membership Subscription will be the relevant price posted on the AS Platform on the date that you subscribe. We reserve the right to change our standard pricing for Membership Subscriptions at any time. Such changes will affect your Membership Subscription following the end of your Membership Subscription period, provided that we give you at least 15 days email notice of any price change. If you do not agree to such price change, then click on your Account Settings and cancel your Membership Subscription before the start of any such price change. Free-trials and promotion-priced subscriptions will convert to full price subscriptions at the end of the free-trial or promotion period, as applicable. To avoid any charges, you may cancel your subscription before the end of any free trial by clicking on your Account Settings page and cancelling your subscription. You may pay Membership Subscription fees only with credit card payments. Your credit card will be charged for your first Subscription fee on the date that we process your registration. Once your credit card is charged the first Subscription fee, you will receive a confirmation e-mail notifying you of your ability to access those subscriber-only portions of the AS Platform.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – AUTOMATIC RENEWAL: IF YOU SIGN UP FOR A SUBSCRIPTION THAT INCLUDES A FREE-TRIAL OR PROMOTIONAL PRICE PERIOD, UNLESS YOU HAVE CANCELLED YOUR SUBSCRIPTION PRIOR TO THE EXPIRATION OF THE FREE-TRIAL PERIOD, WE WILL AUTOMATICALLY CHARGE YOU FOR THE FIRST MONTHLY / POPULAR SUBSCRIPTION FEE UPON THE EXPIRATION OF THE FREE-TRIAL PERIOD AND EACH SUBSEQUENT MONTH THEREAFTER. THE PRICING FOR SUCH SUBSCRIPTION WILL BE AT THE PRICE YOU AGREED TO AT THE START OF THE FREE TRIAL PERIOD.
BEGINNING WITH THE FIRST MONTH / THREE MONTHS (DEPENDING ON THE LENGTH OF YOUR SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD) FOLLOWING THE END OF THE SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD YOU INITIALLY SUBSCRIBE TO USE THE APPLICABLE SERVICE OR MATERIALS, WE WILL AUTOMATICALLY RENEW YOUR SUBSCRIPTION AND, AS AUTHORIZED BY YOU DURING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, WE WILL CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD WITH THE APPLICABLE MONTHLY / 3 MONTHS SUBSCRIPTION FEE AND ANY SALES OR SIMILAR TAXES THAT MAY BE IMPOSED ON YOUR PAYMENT (UNLESS YOU CANCEL AT PRIOR TO THE LAST DAY OF YOUR THEN-CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD). EACH RENEWAL PERIOD WILL BE FOR THE SAME LENGTH AS YOUR IMMEDIATELY PRECEEDING SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD.
YOU MAY CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION AT ANY TIME BY CLICKING ON YOUR ACCOUNT SETTIGS PAGE.
WE REQUIRE A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME TO PROCESS YOUR CANCELLATION REQUEST. IF YOU CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION AFTER THE FIRST DAY OF THE OF YOUR RENEWAL TERM, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND, BUT YOU WILL CONTINUE TO ENJOY YOUR SUBSCRIPTION BENEFITS UNTIL THE EXPIRATION OF THE THEN-CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OUR PRICING AT ANY TIME (BUT NOT THE PRICE IN EFFECT FOR YOUR THEN-CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION), UPON ADVANCE NOTICE TO YOU. IF YOU HAVE NOT CANCELLED YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WITHIN THE SPECIFIED TIME AFTER RECEIVING NOTICE OF A PRICE CHANGE, YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL AUTO-RENEW AT THE PRICE INDICATED IN YOUR NOTICE.
By using the AS Platform and/or the Materials, you consent to receiving electronic communications from us. These electronic communications may include notices about applicable fees and charges, transactional information and other information concerning or related to the AS Platform and Materials. These electronic communications are part of your relationship with us. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing.
AS controls and operates the AS Platform from Spain in compliance with EU and Spanish laws. Those who choose to access the AS Platform and/or Materials from other locations do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent applicable.
This Agreement shall remain effective until terminated in accordance with its own terms and conditions. You agree that AS, in its sole discretion, may terminate your account, or use of the AS Platform or Materials (in whole or in part), and remove and discard any content from the AS Platform, at any time and for any reason. You agree that any actions taken under this Section may be effective without prior notice to you. In the event that AS exercises this right to terminate for convenience rather than as a result of your violation of the terms of Agreement, AS will refund any unused portion of your subscription price for the time period of any unused subscription.